AI video creation: Cooking? For real?

AI video creation using Invedio AI--first run

This is the very first run with no edits of a video creation simply using free ChatGPT 3.5 and the free service at Invideo AI to make a YouTube video from scratch that I can post on YouTube... for free.


This first video is posted without any changes.  I simply gave ChatGPT a single propmt to create the text for a video script, then copied that text into the online invideo AI services.  I'm confident that for free it's going to be loaded with their branding and watermarks... but at this phase, I don't care.  Let's see what this can do.

I do make a couple minor changes to the description and add the link to the blog.  I attempt to add subtitles but that doesn't seem to work in YouTube...  As I watch the video, I realize that the text has no reference whatsoever to AI.  Hmmph.  ChatGPT forgot to include that in the script.  But this is a first test, so I decide to leave it as-is.  I do add it to the title and the channel name.

Me:  I need ChatGPT to generate a YouTube video script for an introduction to the creative cooking YouTube channel, which will be based on this blog. I would like the script to be engaging and fun.

ChatGPT:  [Opening shot of a bustling kitchen with pots simmering and ingredients scattered]

Host (Smiling and enthusiastic): Hey there, foodies and culinary adventurers! Welcome to the Creative Cooking YouTube channel, your passport to a world of flavors, innovation, and gastronomic delights. I'm [Your Name], and I'm your culinary tour guide on this epic journey!

[Cut to shots of delicious dishes being plated]

<auto generated text continues>

I watch the video through and see that I left in the script "I'm [Your Name]" and it muddles through that.  I chuckle and decide to leave it.  A lesson for me, a lesson for you!

Watch the video produced and let me know what you think in the comments below.

In a very short time, I created the first video and then created three more:  parts 1, 2, and 3 of the story of Sarah and S.A.R.A.H. from an earlier blog entry.  I chuckle again at some of the phrases, like the video using the phrase "The narrator sets the stage" when that's not in the script...  But it's free, free, free, and free.

After four video creations and downloads at Invedio.ai, I find that if I want to do more I need to upgrade.  For $20/month I get more but I can create and download what looks like four videos a week for free.  I'll stick with that for now.

UPDATE:  All videos of that story are now complete.  Plesae enjoy these videos of the story of Sarah and S.A.R.A.H..



Comments