Homemade Mayo

You'll never buy from a store again, this is the best! I put some on my "Grilled Burgers Done Right" along with the homemade hamburger buns, and it was literally the best hamburger I have ever had!

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg yolk
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 pinch sugar
  • 1 tsp ground/powdered mustard
  • 2 tsp vinegar
  • 2 tsp lemon juice
  • about 2 cups of sunflower seed oil, more or less

Directions:

Combine everything but the oil in a mixer bowl and mix it up. Mix on a high speed for about 10 minutes--the consistency should be almost a cream. Keep the mixer running and slowly add the oil. Begin by just adding a few drops and let it work itself in. Slowly add the oil over about 5 minutes worth of mixing, by adding a small amount and then letting it work itself in. It's done when it looks like mayo!

Season to taste: use 1 part flavored oil to 3 parts regular oil, or add some chopped herbs. You name it!

Comments

sheilah said…
can't wait to try this. i don't have a blog don't want one, but find you thru your comment visit to my daughter's Carley. Anyway I am bookmarking yours too. I love to cook, but don't like to work too hard at it lol
Paul McDonald said…
I'm always up for visiting a new blog! Thanks for coming to mine!

EVERYONE: I've got a few recipes that I've been testing and am just about ready to put a whole bunch of new ones up! Watch in a couple more days!